The Carriage House was built in the early 1800s as the barn and stables for a large private estate in Howard County, Maryland. Since the mid-1970s, it has been the home of Kittamaqundi Community Church, an ecumenical Christian community in the heart of Columbia's Town Center.
Inside the building, you'll find the original stone walls, exposed wooden beams and grand fireplaces. Outside, the tree-lined grounds, colorful gardens, soothing waterfall and landscaped brick patio add to its historic charm.
We think the Carriage House will impress your guests and add a touch of enchantment to your special day!
For an up-close look at our building's features, click here.
Wedding Rentals List
Then, choose the rental option that's right for you!
15% discount on all options if your guest list has fewer than 50 people.
Wedding options include cleanup by our staff.
With this option, you have the use of our building and grounds. You may choose to have your ceremony outside in our beautifully landscaped gardens, or have your ceremony and reception inside. You also have access to the building on the evening before the ceremony, so that you may have a rehearsal, decorate or do other preparation.
With this option, you have the use of our building and grounds. You may choose to have your ceremony outside in our beautifully landscaped gardens, or have it inside. You also have access to the building on the evening before the ceremony, so that you may have a rehearsal, decorate or do other preparation.
With this option, you have the use of our building and grounds. You also have access to the building on the evening before, so that you may decorate or do other preparation.
All rentals include:
- NEW!! Up to 125 white folding chairs for your use inside or outside our building
No need to rent wedding chairs. Saves you time and $$$!
- Banquet chairs and dining tables to accommodate up to 125 people
- Additional tables for food presentation
- An elevator with handicapped access from our parking lot
- Gender neutral restrooms/dressing rooms on both levels
- A large reception room upstairs with stone fireplace
- A reception room downstairs, also with stone fireplace
- A full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave and two commercial-size ovens
- A grand piano
- A sound system with CD player and Ipod/Iphone connection
- Plenty of electrical outlets, both inside and outside
- Plenty of parking, both in our lot and on adjacent streets
We DO NOT provide:
- linens, tableware, or glassware (your caterer will provide these items)
We DO permit:
- Beer, wine and champagne (no hard liquor, please)
- You to choose your own officiant, caterer, DJ, wedding coordinator, etc.
- Dancing on our carpet or on a rented dance floor
- Tents to be erected in our backyard
We are an earth friendly church:
- We recycle. In Howard County, all recyclables (paper, plastic, metals) can be mixed together.
We DO NOT permit:
- Smoking anywhere inside the building
- Fabric or other artificial flower petals to be spread on the grounds for an outdoor wedding - real flowers only. Artificial flowers may be used in pots or other arrangements
- The use of rice or bubbles on our grounds - bird seed only (rice is hazardous to birds)